Nov. 29, 2022
Brake discs, also called rotors, are an important part of the braking system on a vehicle. Proper maintenance of the brake discs can help ensure that the brakes are functioning properly and can help extend the life of the discs.
1. Check the brake discs regularly for signs of wear or damage. Look for cracks, grooves, or unevenness on the surface of the disc.
If the brake discs show signs of wear or damage, they should be replaced. It's important to replace the discs in pairs, both on the front or both on the rear, to ensure that the brakes are evenly balanced.
2. Keep the brake discs clean. Dirt and debris can accumulate on the surface of the disc, which can reduce its effectiveness. Use a clean, dry cloth to wipe the discs clean on a regular basis.
3. Use the correct type of brake pads. Different types of brake pads are designed for different types of driving conditions and can have different effects on the brake discs.
4. Avoid excessive braking. Hard braking or riding the brakes can cause the brake discs to wear out more quickly. Try to use the brakes smoothly and progressively to extend the life of the discs.
5. Follow the manufacturer's recommendations for brake maintenance. Different vehicles have different brake systems and may have specific maintenance requirements. Be sure to refer to the owner's manual for guidance.
6 .Brake discs cleaning. Keeping the brake disc clean is essential for a brake to work correctly, and offer the best stopping power available. In the case of the brake rotors, use a designated brake cleaner for bicycles, or rubbing alcohol. Using a clean rag, clean the rotor of any pad residue, oil or impurities. Check the surface for any nicks or sharp edges, if found, lightly sand them down to remove them, offering a nice, uniform braking surface. Also check the disc rotor is straight, if not, using a designated tool (never with your bare hands as this could contaminate the braking surface) straighten it until no rubbing occurs.
We specialize in quality auto parts that are 100% made in China. Our strong relationships with well-known Chinese auto parts manufacturers provide our customers with a wide variety of auto parts. We are able to ensure that goods are shipped safely, quickly and efficiently around the world. If you have a need to replace or purchase auto parts, please contact us.
Jun. 28, 2023
An automotive clutch is a mechanical device located between the engine and the transmission in a vehicle. Its primary function is to engage and disengage power transmission from the engine to the gearbox.
Jun. 16, 2023
Brakes are an essential component of any vehicle, providing the necessary stopping power to ensure safe operation. When it comes to drum brake systems, brake shoes are used, while disc brake systems utilize brake pads.
May. 26, 2023
Brake shoes can wear down due to friction and heat generated during braking. It's important to be aware of the common signs of worn-out brake shoes to ensure timely replacement and avoid potential accidents.